- About.com – Over 500 experts give advice on wide-ranging topics on this popular website.
- Answers.com – Search a dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, and other tools from a single box.
- Bartleby.com – A collection of online reference books.
- Internet Public Library – Many useful links for students and researchers.
- MeL Reference Desk – Links to hundreds of free reference sources.
- Reference.com – Links to almanacs, atlases, dictionaries, directories, and other tools. Business, legal, and medical links are highlighted.
See also Business, Finance & Law in the Databases by Subject Content Area.
Health & Social Services
- 2-1-1 Long Island (formerly known as Community Resource Database)
- CDC Long Island-Section 8
- Department of Social Services-Suffolk
- Dolan Family Health Center
- Family Service League
- Healthfinder.gov– Easy to use website with basic health information.
- Medicaid Info
- Medicare Info
- MedlinePlus– Health infomation from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. In addition to articles on 750 diseases, conditions, and wellness, there are medical dictionaries, drug profiles, and health alerts.
See also Health and Wellness in the Databases by Subject Content Area.