- Check out or download a copy of Dead Wake from the Huntington Public Library collection; CD books and Large Print versions are available. Please ask one of our librarians to assist you in locating or downloading a copy.
- Attend the free, ticketed, author event at the Hillwood Recital Hall on the C.W. Post Campus on Sunday, April 23 at 2:00 PM where Eric Larson will read from his work, talk about the process of writing Dead Wake and answer questions. Information about free tickets for the event may be found after March 15 at longislandreads.org. Tickets are required for entry to the event and seating will be first come, first seated.
- Participate in a local book discussion of Dead Wake at the Huntington Public Library on Wednesday, April 19 at either 2:00 PM or 7:00 PM in our Main Meeting Room. The discussions are open to all. Please register using code HMA397.
- Join us for a screening of the National Geographic documentary The Last Voyage of the Lusitania on Thursday, March 30 at 7:00 PM in our Main Auditorium. Martin Sheen narrates this 60 minute film which includes commentary from famed maritime explorer Dr. Robert Ballard as well as interviews with survivors of the tragic voyage. All are welcome. Please register for HMA669.
As we continue to offer our many and varied programs and services, I’d like you to know how much I appreciate the support that you, our patrons, continue to give us. Please note the information below on our upcoming budget vote and trustee election.
If you haven’t heard about our new auto-renewal service, please check our web-site or call the library to see how to opt in to this new feature. It is a real convenience to have your eligible items automatically renewed for you!
This year, our Annual Budget Vote will take place on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm. To view the budget information, click on the Budget Image located immediately left, or HERE. There is also an election to fill a five year term on the Board of Trustees. Eligible candidates must submit a petition with at least 25 signatures to the school district clerk by Monday, March 6, 2017, 3:00 pm. Petitions are available at the district clerk’s office at 50 Tower Street, Huntington Station. (631-673-2126).
Please join us for our Budget Presentation and Meet the Candidates Night on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 5:30 pm in the Main Meeting Room. This year we have two candidates: Paul Ehrlich, who is running for another term; and Kimberly A. Hawkins.
For more information, or if you have any questions or concerns about the library, please feel free to contact me at any time by phone (631) 427-5165 x 206 or by email at .
Wishing you all a warm and wonderful spring!
– Joanne Adam, Library Director
As the new year comes around, many of us take this time to reflect upon the past year and think about some changes for ourselves in the new year. Did you make a resolution to try something new or to improve something about yourself in the coming year? Perhaps you want to exercise more, eat healthier, learn something new, or just be good to yourself. Whatever it is, I’m sure you can find something at the library to help.
Try our coloring club or meditation classes for some relaxation. Learn a new craft or participate in an acting class to express your creativity. Feeling inspired to read more? Join one of our book groups and share your thoughts with others. We have exercise classes, cooking demonstrations, and many educational programs to choose from.
If you’re feeling cooped up over the winter, check out a museum pass and enjoy a day of culture. If you’d rather not even leave your home, we have downloadable books, movies, audiobooks and music all available right from our website! Whatever it is you’re hoping to do in this new year, your library is there for you! Now that we have successfully migrated back to the Suffolk County Catalog, we hope you will find your library experience even easier.
We recently installed a new bench on the side of our building along Prospect Street which was donated by the friends and family of Maureen Brown, a long time patron who passed away. We thank them for this very generous gift in her memory.
If I can be of help to you in any way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at (631) 427-5165 x 206 or by email at . I wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year! I hope to catch you reading!
– Joanne Adam, Library Director