Registration: Wednesday, June 12 at 9:00 am HPL cardholders only.
- Register online or at the Reference Desk at the Main Library or Station Branch. Create an account with http://myhpl.beanstack.org. Receive a gift for registering. Read and review three (3) books to receive a second gift. AAll reviewers will be invited to a special End-of-Summer party on Friday August 16 where you can win our Grand Prize!
- Record book titles from Monday, July 1 to Friday, August 16 to collect raffle tickets.
- Earn raffle tickets when you participate in these activities.
- Read or listen to books of your choice and submit short online reviews.
- Prizes are provided with support from HPL Friends of the Library.
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 · 2:00 - 4:00 pm · Main Meeting Room
Register using code HMA165
The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf. When two seven-year-old girls go missing, all are under suspicion. Calli Clark is a dreamer. A sweet, gentle girl, Callie suffers from selective mutism, brought on by a tragedy she experienced as a toddler. Her mother Antonia tries her best to help, but is confined by marriage to a violent husband. Petra Gregory is Calli's best friend, her soul mate and her voice. But neither Petra nor Calli have been heard from since their disappearance was discovered. Now Calli and Petra's families are bound by the question of what has happened to their children. As support turns to suspicion, it seems the answers lie trapped in the silence of unspoken secrets.. Registration required. Open to all.