By appointment only. For further information about our collection, doing research or donating materials, please contact Teresa Schwind at 631-427-5165 ext. 250 or email
Huntington Digital Collection
Huntington Public Library and Town history through historic photographs, documents, postcards, oral histories, and a Walt Whitman collection are available via our Huntington Digital Collection
Long Island Memories
Huntington Public Library is proud to participate in the Long Island Memories Project
, a Long Island Library Resources (LILRC) Regional Digitization Program to develop a regional digital collection built collaboratively by regional institutions that will:
- Ensure public access to the rich regional resources of Long Island.
- Promote the economic and efficient delivery of digital resources to the people of Long Island.
- Contribute to the State and National effort to develop digital libraries and museums.
- Encourage the use of digital resources to meet the New York State education standards.
Family History Center Microfilm/Microfiche Service
Your gateway to a vast collection of genealogical and historical records!
As a Huntington Public Library patron, you are entitled to request microfilm and microfiche listed in the Family History Library Catalog. As the requestor, you are responsible for all charges and will make payments directly to the Family History Center. Your requested items will be delivered to Huntington Public Library for you.
Note: Before ordering any film, check the Family History Library Catalog to see if there is a digital copy online for you to view.
PRICES:(for film loans in the United States and Canada)
- Short-term Film Loan $7.50
- Short-term Film Loan Extension $7.50
- Extended Film Loan $18.75
- Microfiche Loan $4.75
ORDERING IS SIMPLE!
The Family History Center Microfilm/Microfiche Request Page