Hello and happy summer to all! As you start to think about your summer vacation and family activities, please remember, in addition to the MUSEUM PASSES we circulate, the library also sells DISCOUNTED TICKETS to some area attractions.
Just a reminder, we are keeping our Main Street building open on Sundays this summer from 1:00-5:00 pm. We all seem to lead such busy lives; I’m hoping this helps to make your library more convenient for you.
This past spring, we participated in some community events including an Earth Day Celebration and The Tulip Festival at Heckscher Park, as well as Relay for Life at Huntington High School. We enjoy participating in these events and it’s always nice to see our patrons when we are out and about.
Our Summer Reading Club theme, Build a Better World, has me thinking about all the different ways we can each do our part to help make our world a better place. If each of us could do one special thing to build a better world, think of how great our world could be! Our Summer Reading Clubs are available for ADULTS, TEENS and CHILDREN. I hope you have a wonderful summer and will consider joining one of our reading clubs. While you think about how to build a better world, take advantage of your library and use our resources to help become a better you!
Please feel free to contact me at any time: (631) 427-5165, x 206 or by email at .
– Joanne Adam, Library Director
Register beginning June 5 at 9:00 am at the Adult Reference Desks in both buildings. Receive a gift for registering and another after submitting two online Book Reviews. HPL cardholders only. All reviewers will be invited to our End-of-Summer Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Party on Monday, August 7 at 7:00 pm in our Meeting Room. For drawing winners, there will be our usual assortment of books and a Grand Prize of a three-year New York State Empire Pass membership for you and your family. Prizes are provided with the generous support of the Friends of Huntington Public Library. A better world begins with a better you! Earn raffle tickets when you perform these activities:
- Read or listen to books of your choice and submit online reviews.
- Attend a library program related to the Adult Summer Reading Club.
- Tour Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (HMA963)
- Saving Long Island’s Historic Properties with the Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities (SPLIA) (HMA964)
- Play our “Build A Better World” Bingo Card.
- Participate in our Random Acts of Kindness Program. Each act earns you a ticket.
- Donate non-perishable items to our Long Island Cares Food Drive.
- Donate old eyeglasses and cell phones to our Senior Donation Box.